A short lecture on Erlab Ductless Filtration Fume Hood.
The first part of presentation highlighted few benefits of using ductless fume hood :
i. Easy and fast installation
ii. Do not affect the air balance in the laboratory
iii. Energy savings, no consumption of air-conditions air
iv. Can be used for large variety of chemical application
Second part talk about how a ductless fume hood could provide and ensure maximum safety to chemist ? 6 main requirements :
1. Air face velocity at the sash opening is according the DOSH, 0.5 m/s (100 fpm)
2. Containment capacity of the enclosure, comply to NFX 15-211
3. Filter efficiency no more than 1% of PEL-TWA
4. Filter capacity, publish filter’s capacity
5. Application validation using Valiquest chemical assessment
6. Usage label to inform users.
Interested to know more, please kindly find out more from page ductless fume hood